Airlink is a humanitarian relief organization that connects airlines with vetted nonprofits to deliver disaster responders and relief supplies to support communities in crisis worldwide.
We are looking for an individual with experience in nonprofits to project manage and lead operational and back office administrative priorities, including supporting the CEO directly. The ideal candidate will possess a broad knowledge of administrative financial processes and procedures, be extremely well-organized, and possess demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Washington D.C. area applicants preferred.
Due to the nature of Airlink’s mission in support of disaster response, there will occasionally be an expectation to work extended hours or on weekends and holidays, with limited advance notice.
This position will work directly with the CEO and perform associated administrative and operational responsibilities. This role is critical to helping the organization manage back office operations, accurately engage with its bookkeepers, and support high-level organizational priorities involving volunteer Board and Committee members.
The successful candidate will be a well-organized, self-starting generalist that exhibits energy and a pro-active passion for generating a polished and accurate work product. This individual must be able to operate and self-manage toward agreed goals and objectives with minimal supervision.
- Provide general administrative support to the CEO and organization as instructed.
- Manage and/or support assigned activities that could include events and / or communications projects.
- Update, reconcile, and manage engagement with external bookkeeping firm. Salesforce and Quickbooks knowledge preferred.
- Schedule, manage, and capture minutes during Board / Committee / volunteer calls. Produce well-written and accurate minutes with minimal editing and / or review.
- Act as primary liaison and generalist leader across core operational items including annual audit/990 prep, state registrations, certifications, insurance, IT systems, and HR administration.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Possess outstanding project management skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and manage multiple priorities, projects and deadlines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of bookkeeping and database management.
- General willingness to engage in a broad range of activities to support organizational requirements.
- Detail-oriented self-starter who can work independently, can communicate well, is proactive, and has the ability to present solutions and anticipate needs will be successful.
- Authorization to work in the United States is required.
- 75% company-paid health benefits, including dental and vision, for employees
- Competitive 401(k) matching policy
- 2 weeks paid vacation, flexible sick leave, and paid parental leave
- Flexible work-from-home policy for established employees
- Cell phone with unlimited international service
Please submit your cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled, however preference will be given to applications received by close of business on Friday, July 10th.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.
Airlink is an equal opportunity employer. The organization provides equal employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or make-up, or any other protected category enumerated by applicable local ordinance, state law, or federal law.
|Job Category||Administrative Support|