Airlink is a Washington, D.C.-based, nonprofit humanitarian relief organization connecting more than 50 airlines and 130 vetted nonprofits to deliver disaster responders and supplies to communities in crisis worldwide.
Working for Airlink provides a challenging and rewarding experience requiring passion, dedication, and focus. Every position plays a vital role in delivering humanitarian aid, and each employee's skills contribute to our success.
The Manager of Airline Partnerships is a new position created to develop and manage relationships with airlines and logistics companies with the intent of increasing gift-in-kind contributions of passenger and cargo flights and other support for Airlink's mission. The position reports to the President and CEO and collaborates with the humanitarian programs team, development staff, and other colleagues and volunteer leaders to identify and manage strategic in-kind giving opportunities to increase Airlink's ability to deliver humanitarian cargo and responders for its nonprofit partners serving crisis-impacted communities internationally.
Washington D.C.-based applicants preferred
- Develop and implement an annual airline and logistics partner management plan
- Collaborate with the humanitarian programs team to identify priority needs and the prospective airline and logistics partners positioned to fulfill them
- Orchestrate the utilization of staff, board members, and other volunteers in the development and management of airline and logistics company relationships
- Solicit partners for support
- Create proposals and presentations for prospective and existing partners
- Provide partners with reports and other information and materials used to convey the impact of their contributions to the organization
- Coordinate with Airlink's communications team to develop collateral and support airline and logistics partnerships through communications platforms, including the website and social media
- Coordinate with Airlink's fundraising team on prospecting and solicitation activities related to airlines and logistics companies
- Ensure airline and logistics partner relationship management activities and gift-in-kind opportunities are accurately tracked in Salesforce
- Track and report metrics used to determine progress toward airline and logistics partnerships/gift-in-kind goals
- Represent Airlink at in-person meetings and industry events to build Airlink’s profile within the aviation and logistics sectors
- Undertake special assignments, as needed.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in gift-in-kind or corporate fundraising, overseeing corporate social responsibility programs for airlines or logistics companies, or related responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience in or willingness to learn about the global humanitarian relief and aviation sectors
- Experience managing projects or processes across departments, teams, or stakeholder groups
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact and communicate effectively with both domestic and international audiences. Proven ability to create clear, concise, and culturally aware business correspondence
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment requiring the management of multiple projects and activities simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Possess outstanding problem-solving abilities to navigate unexpected challenges
- Experience working with Salesforce or another CRM
- Willingness to travel within the U.S. and internationally (up to 25%)
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States is required
Due to the nature of Airlink’s mission in support of disaster response, there will occasionally be an expectation to work extended hours or on weekends and holidays, with limited advance notice.
- 75% company-paid health benefits, including dental and vision, for employees
- Competitive 401(k) matching policy
- 2 weeks paid vacation, flexible sick leave, and paid parental leave
- Cell phone with unlimited international service
- Preference will be given to candidates in or willing to relocate to the Washington, D.C., area though candidates from throughout the United States will be considered. Airlink currently operates a hybrid remote/in-office model. Employees not based in Washington are required to travel to headquarters for meetings on an as-needed basis.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled, however preference will be given to those received by February 25, 2022.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or LinkedIn inquiries, please.
Airlink is an equal opportunity employer. The organization provides equal employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or make-up, or any other protected category enumerated by applicable local ordinance, state law, or federal law.
|Job Category||Program Management|