Airlink is a humanitarian organization that connects airlines with vetted nonprofits to send expert responders and needed supplies in support of communities in crisis worldwide. The Humanitarian Programs team works directly with Airlink’s global partner network, including more than 130 nonprofits and more than 50 airlines worldwide, to supply disaster-affected communities with vital aid supplies and personnel who provide expertise in emergencies. Airlink responds to an average of 25 disasters and humanitarian crises each year.
The Humanitarian Programs Associate is a core team member responsible for information management before, during, and after responses, as well as supporting Airlink’s emergency response activities. The Associate will be responsible for information collection and data management, as well as direct support of personnel mobilization for partner organizations.
Washington D.C. Metro Area-based applicants preferred.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support rapid and effective implementation of response programs, including booking of passengers, providing support for cargo movements, and database management.
- Monitor emergencies via news and alert systems on an ongoing basis, including continuous scanning of high-risk countries within Airlink’s Regional Response Framework.
- Prepare reports on emergencies, gaps across humanitarian interventions as a result of emergencies or conflicts, and regulatory changes in affected countries/regions in order to inform Airlink’s potential response activities.
- Actively participate in the creation of program-related communications, including internal humanitarian briefings and externally-facing monthly program updates, situation reports, and program milestone reports.
- Collect and review reporting from response partners associated with shipments and passenger mobilization, including distribution information and the impact of Airlink support on emergency-affected communities.
- Provide support to administrative and special projects, including webinars and whitepapers.
The Humanitarian Programs Associate may be asked to deploy to the field as part of a response team on occasion. Due to the nature of Airlink’s mission in support of disaster response, there will occasionally be an expectation to work extended hours or on weekends and holidays, with limited advance notice.
Experience & Background
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Passion for Airlink’s mission and a demonstrated desire to work within the humanitarian aid sector.
- Prior work or office experience in the nonprofit sector, preferably in disaster response or humanitarian relief.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English, including report writing and editing. Candidates who are highly proficient in French, Spanish, or Mandarin are strongly preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to process large volumes of information dynamically in a changing operational environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and the adaptability to reprioritize focus.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, with a balanced focus on personal accountability and team goals.
- Experience with working in Salesforce is preferred.
- Willing to travel within the U.S. and internationally on an occasional basis, dependent upon operational requirements.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States is required.
Base Salary: $40,000 – $50,000, depending on experience
- 75% company-paid health benefits, including dental and vision, for employees
- Competitive 401(k) matching policy
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year, flexible sick leave, and paid parental leave
- Cell phone with international service
- Hybrid-remote working environment
Please email your resume and cover letter to Stephanie Steege, Director of Humanitarian Programs, email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled, however, preference will be given to applications received by close of business on Friday, October 1, 2021.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone, or LinkedIn inquiries, please.
Airlink is an equal opportunity employer. The organization provides equal employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or make-up, or any other protected category enumerated by applicable local ordinance, state law, or federal law.