About Airlink & the Role
Airlink is a Washington, DC-based nonprofit humanitarian logistics organization that works with aviation and logistics partners to transport relief workers and emergency supplies for reputable non-governmental organizations (NGOs), responding to rapid-onset disasters and other humanitarian crises around the globe. Our responses to hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, and other disasters have brought lifesaving and life-changing aid to some of the world’s most vulnerable beneficiaries. Airlink also focuses on alleviating suffering in protracted emergencies, including the Syrian refugee crisis, Rohingya refugee crisis, and complex crises in South Sudan and the Horn of Africa, and addresses ongoing needs in the developing world, such as access to clean water, food, shelter, and medical aid to improve community resiliency.
Today, Airlink’s network consists of more than 50 commercial and charter airlines and 200+ international NGOs. Airlink and its airline partners have transported more than 8,000 passengers and more than 4,500,000 pounds of cargo in support of a broad range of humanitarian initiatives that have provided aid to more than 23 million people. Airlink has saved our NGO partners more than USD $14,000,000 in transport costs.
As we enter 2024, Airlink shows no signs of slowing down, with a three-year strategic plan that includes increasing our team by 25%, improving operational efficiency, and expanding our resource pipeline and profile as humanitarian logistics experts. To that end, we are seeking an experienced executive assistant (EA) to support our President & CEO’s increasing external relations portfolio, as well as help ensure Airlink’s operational excellence is realized. The EA will coordinate and manage executive scheduling, organize CEO travel and speaking engagements, support the Board of Trustees, and serve as a trusted partner of both the CEO and Vice President of Finance & Operations.
This role’s dynamic nature requires exemplary administrative and people skills. To be successful in this role, you must build relationships and communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders, including fellow staff and consultants, the Board, and external partners. The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, excels in a fast-paced environment, and is able to identify and anticipate the CEO’s needs.
The EA will be part of the operations department, which includes finance, human resources, and IT. This position reports to the CEO but works in service of the whole organization and will have a dotted line to the VP of Finance and Operations. Due to the nature of Airlink’s mission in support of disaster response, there will be an occasional need to work extended hours or on weekends with limited advance notice.
- Support the CEO’s communication & outreach. Attend meetings and prepare notes/minutes; screen, prioritize, and draft e-mail correspondence as requested; identify and implement procedures to improve internal communication; identify and schedule priority stakeholder meetings, events, and speaking opportunities.
- Manage the CEO’s schedule. Compile meeting requests for the CEO’s review and decision-making; follow up on requests in a professional and timely manner; ensure the CEO’s schedule balances and prioritizes the needs of direct reports, other team members, the board of directors, and external partners.
- Coordinate the CEO’s travel. Maintain calendar and conduct pre-travel needs assessments; book travel and accommodations; manage conference registrations and ancillary events/meetings; prepare travel briefs in coordination with other departments; troubleshoot problems to facilitate smooth trips; reconcile expenses and complete post-travel review/follow-up.
Board of Trustees
- Assist the CEO in managing the Board of Trustees. Maintain Trustee data and organizational records; manage meeting calendar and correspondence; support new Trustee nominations and onboarding; identify and implement board management processes and/or tools.
- Organize Board of Trustee meetings. Arrange meeting logistics including venue, catering, and IT; prepare and send meeting details, agenda, and board books; draft and issue meeting minutes.
- Support the VP of Finance and Administration with IT-related tasks. Manage outsourced IT firm; support maintenance and updating of internal reporting dashboards and records; manage software subscriptions; make recommendations for streamlining and improving internal processes with IT solutions.
- Perform other duties and job-related tasks that may be assigned by the President and/or VP of Finance and Operations.
- 5+ years of previous experience supporting and communicating with C-Suite executives.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience + High School diploma.
- Extremely proficient with Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with Salesforce or comparable CRM systems and with Monday.com or comparable project management systems.
- Ability to work remotely with minimal direct supervision.
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience managing diverse stakeholders with sensitivity, discretion, and tact.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Preferred Skills and Personal Characteristics
Positive and energetic individuals eager to problem-solve and tackle new projects.
- High tolerance of ambiguity and appetite to address challenges in a candid, constructive manner.
- Ultimate team player capable of cultivating productive relationships across teams and with a myriad of personalities.
- Passion for Airlink’s mission and commitment to aiding those in need.
Airlink is headquartered in downtown Washington, D.C., and currently operates a hybrid work schedule with the team in-office on Tuesday and Wednesday. Given the collaborative nature of this position, we are only considering candidates who are in or willing to relocate to the Washington, D.C., area.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $90,000. Additionally, Airlink provides a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- 75% company-paid health benefits, including dental and vision, for employees.
- Competitive 401(k) matching policy.
- Three weeks of paid vacation, flexible sick leave, and paid parental leave.
- Cell phone with unlimited international service.
- EAP Program.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. However, preference will be given to applications received by the close of business on February 23, 2024.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.
Airlink is an equal-opportunity employer. The organization provides equal employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or make-up, or any other protected category enumerated by applicable local ordinance, state law, or federal law.