Airlink is looking for a Development Manager.
Due to the nature of Airlink’s mission in support of disaster response, there will occasionally be an expectation to work extended hours or on weekends and holidays, with limited advance notice.
Key responsibilities include:
Donor Development (55%)
- Develop and manage annual giving and disaster response fundraising plans that secure and engage individual donors, with particular focus on donors up to $1,000.
- Direct cultivation and engagement of donors, managing an account portfolio of 100-200 donors, including corporate donors.
- Manage disaster response fundraising for individual donors through public, crowdfunding, and corporate employee campaigns
- Support the identification, cultivation, solicitation and acknowledgement of corporate, foundation and individual donors
- Research corporate, foundation and individual donors, prepare and present briefings and proposals
- Maintain the database (Salesforce) to support all aspects of donor management process, including tracking prospects, engagement, donations, volunteers, receipts and reports
- Manage the Ambassadors program to drive volunteer recognition and engagement.
- Support organizational and volunteer-driven fundraising efforts and campaigns
- Engage with volunteers and funders around meetings, donations, reporting, acknowledgement and promotion of their support
- Reconcile donor records with monthly financial reports
- Support the creation and distribution of donor communications (electronic and print)
- Respond to donor inquiries in a prompt and courteous manner
- Maintain donor confidentiality and ensure compliance with related policies
Event Management (20%)
- Coordinate organization’s participation in international nonprofit, humanitarian and aviation industry events, to include securing access, preparing materials, donor and volunteer engagement, and coordinating staff and volunteer meeting schedule and travel
- Planning of organization’s special events
General Administrative Support (15%)
- Provide general office support and answer basic inquiries from the public
- Possess thorough and current knowledge of Airlink and be able to articulate information to stakeholders
- Support coordination of Board and committee activities, including scheduling of meetings, distribution of meeting materials and record- keeping
- Maintain electronic and hard copy files of organizational materials
- Coordinate special projects, as assigned
- Disaster Response Programs (10%)
- Support the Programs team with deployment of NGO personnel, as needed
- Provide backfill to programs staff during disasters
- Assist in management of disaster operations information within the database
- Bachelor’s Degree, plus 3-5 years of relevant work experience in development/fundraising or business development
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, Salesforce or other sales/fundraising databases, and email marketing software
- Strong critical thinking and analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be collaborative and flexible
- Willingness to travel: estimated at 15-25%
- Experience in fundraising and development, marketing, business development, or account management
- Experience working with international donors or foundations are pluses
- Experience with humanitarian relief or other nonprofit organizations, association foundations, corporate giving and social responsibility programs.
- Experience supporting executive-level staff
- Understanding of aviation industry helpful, but not required
- Ability to proactively and independently follow through on tasks and responsibilities in detail-oriented manner with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with colleagues and stakeholders of varied work styles.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage time effectively, even under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent planning, organizational, and administrative skills
- Superior interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Interest in deepening knowledge and experience in humanitarian relief
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter including salary requirement to Sandra Walter, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.