Do you have a passion for developing relationships with potential donors and inspiring giving that makes an impact? Do you want to be part of a purpose-driven team that values collaboration and creative outreach strategies? If you are energetic and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, then this is the opportunity for you!
We’re looking for a passionate and organized Development Associate (fundraising) who is driven to build relationships with funders and supports our mission to deliver humanitarian relief to millions of people in communities in crisis around the globe through the power of aviation.
The Associate reports to the Director of Development, and plays a key role in the overall development strategy to reach donation revenue goals by providing logistical, administrative, and external relationship development activities with donors and volunteers.
Airlink is a humanitarian organization that harnesses the power of the aviation sector and vetted nonprofits to deliver disaster responders and humanitarian aid in the aftermath of natural and man-made disasters. Airlink has a global partner network of more than 130 nonprofits and over 50 airlines worldwide, and responds to an average of 25 disasters and humanitarian crises each year.
Washington, D.C.-based applicants preferred.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Development Programs & Donor Engagement (80%)
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and acknowledge corporate, foundation, and individual gifts.
- Conduct prospect research and engage with volunteers and funders.
- Draft and support the creation and distribution of donor and fundraising communications.
- Support Development Committee initiatives through meeting coordination and scheduling, drafting of meeting minutes, and preparation of materials.
Maintain fundraising best practices and trends in the sector.
- Ensure compliance with related privacy policies and procedures.
- Build relationships that cultivate donors across a portfolio of corporations, foundations, and individuals.
- Coordinate and support outreach to Ambassador volunteer networks.
Coordinate prospect engagement through an online acquisition program.
- Maintain and reconcile donations monthly within the donor database.
- Maintain and manage stakeholder lists within CRM database support account management efforts.
- Coordinate and prepare follow-up correspondence, pledge reminders, and invoices to donors.
Event Management (20%)
- Support Fundraising efforts including special events, industry conference participation, and campaign development and execution.
- Support the organization’s participation in international nonprofit, humanitarian and aviation industry events, including securing access, preparing materials, managing donor and volunteer engagement, and coordinating staff and volunteer meeting schedules and travel.
Due to the nature of Airlink’s mission in support of disaster response, there will occasionally be an expectation to work extended hours or on weekends and holidays, with limited advance notice.
Experience & Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Prior experience in fundraising/development, marketing, business development, or account management (2-3 years).
- Working knowledge of fundraising/development principles, donor cultivation, and proposal process.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, Salesforce, or other CRM, experience with Mailchimp, Canva, and Donorbox or other online giving portals desired.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English, including experience writing and editing.
- Superior interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage time and information effectively, even under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel within the U.S. and internationally (up to 15%).
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States is required.
- Knowledge and passion for humanitarian logistics.
- Experience working with humanitarian relief or other nonprofit organizations, corporate giving, and social responsibility.
- Knowledge of the aviation industry.
- 75% company-paid health benefits, including dental and vision for employees.
- Competitive 401(k) matching.
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year, sick leave, and paid parental leave.
- Cell phone with international service.
- Central downtown DC office location.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Sandra Walter, Director of Development, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled, however preference will be given to applications received by close of business on Friday, April 9th, 2020.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.
Airlink is an equal opportunity employer. The organization provides equal employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or make-up, or any other protected category enumerated by applicable local ordinance, state law, or federal law.