Airlink is a nonprofit organization working with aviation and logistics partners to transport response personnel and emergency supplies for non-governmental organizations responding to rapid-onset disasters and other humanitarian crises around the globe.
We are looking for a communications manager with experience in nonprofits to oversee and implement the organization’s communications strategy. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, engaging storyteller and trusted advisor able to support Airlink’s fundraising, mission delivery, and general organizational communications needs. The position is a “one-man-band” and requires a candidate with a wide variety of communications skills.
Develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan to support organizational objectives related to fundraising, program delivery, branding and organizational development. Identify opportunities and strategies to drive further organizational development. Plan and measure success toward goals.
- Providing strategic communications counsel to staff and volunteers
- Working with executive leadership to assess needs, set goals, develop strategies and execute tactics
- Developing and managing organization’s visual brand and messaging
- Planning and implementing coordinated campaigns that achieve results on time and within budget
- Developing and implementing an editorial calendar
- Writing fundraising-related content to inspire donations and communicate the impact of support given; Helping develop online and direct mail fundraising campaigns that engage individual and corporate donors
- Planning and creating messaging and collateral to support programs and partnership development and management; Engage partner organizations in promoting the Airink relationship
- Planning and executing disaster response communications program
- Pitching story ideas and securing coverage in regional, national, international and industry media
- Coordinating organization’s presence at conferences and industry events; develop related presentations and collateral materials; and attend events as a representative of Airlink
- Manage all online content, including organization’s website and social media platforms
- Producing reports summarizing performance and impact for external and internal audiences
- Identifying and cultivating strategic partnerships to expand the Airlink brand
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years of experience. Prior experience in nonprofit of disaster and humanitarian relief highly preferred. Aviation communications experience is helpful
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be a skilled designer and editor of written and visual presentations; have strong experience using common design and video editing software including, Adobe Illustrator
- Have a strong knowledge of CRM systems, website management and email marketing platforms
- Have experience working with media and key influencers; be able to train others for interaction with media
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to confidently provide communications-related guidance to organizational executives and volunteers
- Possess outstanding project management skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and manage multiple priorities, projects and deadlines
Potential of 10-20 percent, including international
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to Emily Sperling at email@example.com.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.