Airlink is a nonprofit organization working with aviation and logistics partners to transport response personnel and emergency supplies for non-governmental organizations responding to rapid-onset disasters and other humanitarian crises around the globe.
We are looking for an Administrative Coordinator with experience in nonprofits to manage and implement the organization’s back office finance and operations priorities. The ideal candidate will possess broad knowledge of administrative financial processes/procedures, be extremely well-organized, and also capable of project management for multiple complex projects simultaneously.
The Administrative Coordinator will work directly with the CEO and perform associated administrative and operational responsibilities. This role is critical to helping the organization manage back office operations and accurately engage with its bookkeepers.
The Administrative Coordinator is a very well-organized, self-starting generalist that exhibits energy and a pro-active passion for generating a work product that is polished and accurate. This individual must be able to operate and self-manage toward agreed goals and objectives with minimal supervision.
- Update, reconcile, and manage engagement with external bookkeeping firm. Salesforce and Quickbooks knowledge are a plus.
- Schedule, manage, and capture minutes during Board / Committee / volunteer calls. Produce well-written and accurate minutes with minimal editing and / or review.
- Project manage and/or support assigned activities that could include events and / or communications projects.
- Provide general administrative support to CEO and organization as instructed.
- Act as primary liaison across core operational items, including, annual audit/990 prep, state registrations, certifications, insurance, IT systems, and HR administration.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Possess outstanding project management skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and manage multiple priorities, projects and deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of bookkeeping and database management
- General willingness to engage in a broad range of activities to support organizational requirements.
Location and work arrangement:
- Initial part-time engagement (approx. 20 hrs) with ability to increase hours commensurate with organizational needs.
- Must engage regularly in office setting (15th & K, NW, Washington, DC), but generally flexible schedule otherwise.
How to Apply:
- Please submit your cover letter, résumé and hourly compensation requirements to email@example.com.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled, however preference will be given to applications received by close of business on Monday, September 21st, 2019.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.