Posted: August 9, 2017
Airlink is a nonprofit organization connecting disaster and humanitarian relief organizations with donated or discounted air transportation. Created by leaders of the aviation industry, Airlink is a unique group utilizing the power of aviation as a global force for good.
We are looking for an experienced Communications Manager who can support Airlink’s primary mission - responding to natural and manmade disasters. In addition, the Communications Manager will help develop compelling stories that resonate with Airlink’s airline partners, corporate and individual donors, and other external audiences, including media to help maximize value to its charity humanitarian relief partners.
We’re looking for an experienced self-starter, communicator, engaging storyteller, trusted communications advisor, media relations specialist and communications generalist ready to take Airlink to the next level. In this position, you will write, design and implement external-facing fundraising and communications strategies and materials, including the generation of fundraising collateral distributed through Airlink’s website, social media, email marketing, conference and trade events, media, and other channels.
Develop and implement a rolling, comprehensive communications plan that reinforces the brand and supports organizational objectives with a heavy focus on fundraising. Identify opportunities and strategies to drive business development. Use research and metrics to plan and measure success toward stated goals. More specifically, the Communications Manager will be tasked with the following:
- Providing strategic counsel at all levels of the organization.
- Working with executive leadership to assess needs, set goals, and execute strategies and tactics.
- Planning and implementing coordinated campaigns on time and within budget.
- Writing fundraising-related content to inspire donations and support fundraising goals.
- Planning and creating all messaging and collateral to support programs.
- Planning and executing disaster response communications program.
- Pitching story ideas and securing coverage with regional, national, international and industry media.
- Planning and attending conferences and events as a representative of Airlink.
- Producing reports summarizing performance for executives and business leads.
- Identifying and cultivating strategic partnerships to expand the Airlink brand.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 to 7 years of experience.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Be a skilled designer and editor of both oral and written presentations.
- Creative individual with high-energy. Team player.
- Prior experience in nonprofit or disaster/humanitarian relief communications highly preferred.
- Graphic design experience a plus.
- Demonstrated record of integrating marketing and social media.
- Knowledge of media channels and working relationships with key influencers, preferably in aviation or nonprofit fundraising.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and manage multiple deadlines and tasks, including managing up to company executives.
- A command of best practices in media relations, and the ability to train others in media interaction.
- Potential of 10-20 percent, including international
- Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com